Having worked at the London headquarters of one of the largest global law firms as well as a boutique tax law firm in San Francisco, Jon can provide sophisticated tax advice in a wide range of situations and business transactions. Jon has counseled entrepreneurs, owners and founders of successful companies including software, construction technology, mining, food, financial services, legal services and others.
Focused Tax Advice
By keeping small and focusing exclusively on tax matters, Jon provides sophisticated tax advice with a personal touch that is affordable and tailored to your budget and commercial context. No matter the scale of your issue or your business, you will receive individualized attention.
Jon distills the complexities of the tax code into simple choices for individuals managing their foreign accounts, private businesses (both start-ups and established), investment funds, foreign investors in the United States, and others.
Here are some examples of results Jon has achieved for his clients:
- claiming bad business debt and tax loss for loans extended by an individual to a controlled tech start-up;
- advising an individual that his French pension income was excluded from U.S. federal income tax under the United States-France tax treaty;
- advising an investment fund manager on tax issues arising out[of a complex sale and joint venture of his investment management business;
- drafting complex distribution provisions in an LLC agreement providing for tax-advantaged options issued to foreign employees and profit interests issued to U.S. employees; and
- advising an individual and her family-owned business on the deductibility of a restitution payment.
I can provide competitive prices for these services. For routine services, I will charge a fixed fee. For more complex tasks, I will work with you to create a budget.
For more details, see Tax Services for Private Companies, Tax Services for Individuals, Financial Advisors, Attorneys and Accountants, IRS and State Tax Audits, and if you are interested in a low-cost overview of your tax situation or a preliminary analysis of a tax question, consider the Tax Diagnosis.
For an outline of all service areas, see Outline of Areas of Experience.
For a free consultation, contact JVL Tax Law today.